Monday, September 29, 2008

The Education Station is Rolling


We are now beginning our fifth week of school. The children seem to have their routine down. I would like to begin to add units for special units. I am so proud of my oldest daughter because in five weeks, she has read two novels. My nephew is completing his first chapter book. My middle child is working hard on her story. Her story had 33 chapters. It is awesome working with them everyday. I really appreciate being to intervene on the spot rather than waiting for a graded paper that may or may not make it home. I am seeing a big difference in my children's attitude towards reading. My favorite part of this whole thing is being able to talk to them about the book. This help them with their critical thinking skills, making inferences, and drawing conclusions about what they read.
One of the biggest challenge I am faced with is that I NEED TO BE UNSCHOOLED!!!!!! I get so stressed out when I do not make the deadline that I set. Funny, isn't it. The truth of the matter is my children are doing more work than I ever saw at their school. I no longer have to worry about the assignment that I never see feedback on. My children are able to ask questions and problem solve without feeling unsure because they did not receive feedback.

I really am looking forward to my children's future.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your daughters have such beautiful hair!